Discover the rejuvenating power of a chemical peel, an noninvasive cosmetic treatment that helps improve your appearance by removing damaged outer layers of skin. At Red Carpet Aesthetics in midtown Manhattan, we use the SkinMedica Illuminize Peel–a zero-downtime treatment that causes no visible peeling and brightens your overall appearance with a single session.
Our team of physician assistants, registered nurses, and medical aestheticians is dedicated to helping you achieve your beauty goals. Book a consultation today at our med spa to discover why the Illuminize Peel is a must-have addition to your skin care regimen.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a cosmetic procedure that uses a chemical solution to remove the damaged outer layers of your skin, revealing a smoother, healthier complexion underneath. The peel is smoothed over your skin and left on for a predetermined amount of time, then washed off. This treatment can address various skin concerns, such as wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, acne, and uneven skin texture.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Less acne and acne scarring
- Diminished hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Enhanced skin radiance and brightness
Why Choose Red Carpet Aesthetics?
At Red Carpet Aesthetics, we’ve assembled a compassionate and skilled team of medical professionals including physician assistants, registered nurses, and medical aestheticians. Conveniently located in NYC near Bryant Park, we are dedicated to providing personalized care and helping you achieve your desired results.
Why We Use the SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
At Red Carpet Aesthetics, we use the SkinMedica Illuminize Peel for our chemical peel treatments due to its unique properties and proven effectiveness. Here are some key reasons why we use this specific brand:
- Gentle and superficial: The SkinMedica Illuminize Peel is a gentle, superficial chemical peel that helps provide vibrant, radiant-looking skin with minimal downtime. It’s suitable for first-time chemical peel patients or those looking for brighter, more radiant skin without significant downtime.
- Effective ingredients: The Illuminize Peel uses a blend of alpha-hydroxy acids (mandelic acid and malic acid), phytic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol to exfoliate the skin and reveal a more radiant complexion. These ingredients work together to maximize skin rejuvenating effects with low irritation.
- Minimal downtime: Unlike some peels, the Illuminize Peel has no downtime, making it suitable to get before a big event. Results can be seen in as little as one treatment, but treatments can be repeated every 2 weeks until desired results are reached.
- Suitable for all skin types: The Illuminize Peel can be used on Fitzpatrick skin types I-VI. This makes it a versatile option for a wide range of patients.
- Clinically proven: The SkinMedica Illuminize Peel protocol has been shown to effectively treat facial hyperpigmentation
In summary, the SkinMedica Illuminize Peel offers a gentle, effective, and clinically proven solution for patients seeking to improve their skin’s appearance. By using this specific brand for our chemical peel treatments, we can provide our patients with the best possible results and minimal downtime.
Ideal Candidates for Chemical Peels
The Illuminize peel addresses a number of mild skin imperfections and signs of aging, including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne and acne scarring
- Uneven skin tone and texture
However, chemical peels do have certain contraindications. If you are lactating, have a sunburn or open wound on the treatment area, have extremely sensitive skin, or took Accutane in the past year, a peel may not be right for you.
Before & Afters
Results from a chemical peel can vary depending on the depth of the peel and the individual’s skin type. Generally, visible improvements can be seen after just one peel, with more compelling results after three to six treatments. It’s essential to follow your practitioner’s post-treatment instructions to ensure optimal results and minimize any potential side effects.
What to Expect from Your SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
Consultation & Preparation
Your first visit to Red Carpet Aesthetics will be a consultation. Your practitioner will discuss your goals, evaluate your skin, and create a customized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
In the week leading up to treatment, avoid using products containing retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, or Vitamin C. Also, refrain from waxing, tweezing, or using depilatory creams on the treatment area.
At Your Appointment
On the day of the peel, you should arrive with clean skin that is free of any makeup, lotions, or other products. You’ll relax on a comfortable treatment table while the skincare professional applies a prepping solution to your skin to remove any oils or impurities.
The peel solution is then applied to your face, neck, and chest using a brush or cotton pad. The solution contains a combination of gentle alpha-hydroxy acids and salicylic acid, which work to exfoliate the skin and promote cell turnover.
The peel is left on your skin for a set amount of time, typically around 10-15 minutes. During this time, you may experience a mild tingling or burning sensation, but this should subside quickly. After the peel has been on for the appropriate amount of time, the skincare professional will neutralize the solution with a special solution to stop the peeling process.
Recovery & Follow-ups
After the treatment, your skin may appear slightly red for about 1-2 hours. Peeling will generally start between 48-72 hours after the procedure and can last 2-5 days. During this time, it’s essential to follow your practitioner’s post-treatment instructions. You’ll be given a special moisturizer and cleanser to use, and you’ll need to both avoid sun exposure and wear a sunscreen with SPF 30 protection or higher.
Depending on your skin type and desired results, you may decide to undergo multiple peels. Treatments can be repeated every 2 weeks until the desired results are achieved.
Risks and Side Effects
While chemical peels are generally safe, there are some risks and side effects associated with the treatment. These may include:
- Redness, scabbing, and swelling: Normal healing from a chemical peel involves redness of the treated skin, which may last for a few days.
- Scarring: Although rare, scarring is a potential risk of chemical peeling treatments.
- Changes in skin color: Some patients may experience temporary or permanent discoloration in the treated skin, either lightening or darkening.
- Infection: A chemical peel can lead to bacterial, fungal, or viral infections
- Flare-ups: If you get cold sores caused by the herpes virus, a peel may trigger a recurrence
- Heart, kidney, or liver damage: Deep chemical peels using carbolic acid (phenol) can cause damage to the heart, kidneys, and liver. However, the SkinMedica Illuminize Peel is a gentle, superficial peel and does not carry these risks.
In the case of the SkinMedica Illuminize, the superficial nature of this peel means you’re not at risk of the more serious complication caused by stronger treatments.
How Much Does a Chemical Peel Cost in New York City?
The cost of a chemical peel can vary depending on factors such as the type of peel, the provider’s expertise, and the geographic location of the office. At Red Carpet Aesthetics, we currently offer the SkinMedica Illuminize Peel for $150. To learn more about the cost of a chemical peel at Red Carpet Aesthetics, Contact Us.
At Red Carpet Aesthetics, we offer a variety of treatments to address common skin conditions and concerns for our patients in New York City.
- Neurotoxins: Injectable treatments that target dynamic lines and wrinkles by temporarily blocking nerve signals to the muscles, reducing muscle contractions and smoothing the skin.
- Glo2Facial: A noninvasive, three-in-one facial treatment that combines exfoliation, infusion, and oxygenation to rejuvenate and brighten the skin.
- RF Skin Tightening: A non-surgical skin tightening treatment that uses advanced radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production, resulting in firmer, tighter skin.
- Juvederm: A family of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers that restore lost volume, smooth out lines and wrinkles, provide lip or cheek enhancement, and address additional signs of facial aging.
Each of these treatments offers unique benefits and can be tailored to your specific needs. Consult with our team of professionals to determine the best treatment plan for your skin goals.
Book Your Chemical Peel Consultation in New York, NY
Experience the transformative power of a chemical peel at Red Carpet Aesthetics in New York, NY. Our team of skilled professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve your beauty goals. Book your consultation today and take the first step towards a more radiant, youthful complexion.
How long does it take to see results?
Results from a chemical peel can vary depending on the depth of the peel and the individual’s skin type. Generally, visible improvements can be seen after just one peel, with more compelling results after three to six treatments.
Does a chemical peel hurt?
During a chemical peel, you may feel a slight burning or stinging sensation, but this should subside quickly. Your dermatologist may apply a numbing cream or cooling compresses to help minimize discomfort.
How often can I get a SkinMedica Illuminize Peel?
The SkinMedica Illuminize Peel can be repeated every 2 weeks until the desired results are achieved. However, it’s essential to consult with your practitioner to determine the best treatment plan for your specific needs and skin type.