Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that temporarily plump up loose, sagging skin, helping you achieve a younger look, and can also be used to enhance features such as the lips and cheeks. At Red Carpet Aesthetics, we offer a suite of dermal filler products from the most popular brands to serve our clients in New York City.
At our convenient office in midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, our team of registered nurses, physician assistants and licensed aestheticians are here to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Book a consultation today!
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable substances used to restore volume and smooth out wrinkles, fine lines, and other skin imperfections. They work by filling in the spaces beneath the skin’s surface, providing a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. The most common type of dermal filler contains hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps maintain skin hydration and elasticity.
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Restored lost volume in the face, especially the cheek area
- More balanced or enhanced facial contours
- Plumper lips or cheeks
- Improved jawline definition
- Smoothed out acne scars and other skin defects
- Natural-looking results
- Minimal downtime
Why Choose Red Carpet Aesthetics?
At Red Carpet Aesthetics, our team of registered nurses and licensed aestheticians are dedicated to providing exceptional care and personalized treatment plans in New York, NY. We use the latest techniques and high-quality dermal filler products to ensure the best possible results for our clients.
Dermal Fillers We Use
At Red Carpet Aesthetics, we understand that each client has unique needs and preferences. That’s why we carry Juvederm products–a comprehensive suite of hyaluronic acid-based fillers from Allergan that are FDA-approved to treat a huge range of skin concerns. Each product formulation is tailored for specific treatment areas and indications:
- Juvederm Ultra & Ultra Plus XC: These HA fillers are used to treat fine lines and wrinkles in multiple areas of the face, with Ultra Plus XC being a thicker formula suitable for deeper lines and creases.
- Juvederm Vollure XC: This filler is designed to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, with results that can last up to 18 months.
- Juvederm Voluma XC: The first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for treating age-related volume loss in the midface, Voluma XC is specifically designed to restore lost volume in the cheeks and provide a subtle lift.
- Juvederm Volbella XC: Initially approved for lip augmentation and correction of perioral lines, Volbella XC has also been approved for under-eye treatment, making it a versatile option for addressing various facial concerns.
- Juvederm Volux: The first FDA-approved filler for enhancing the chin and jawline, correcting a weak chin or lack of definition caused by aging.
Ideal Candidates for Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are a popular cosmetic treatment for both men and women of various ages. They are typically used to address age-related skin concerns, but they can also be beneficial for younger individuals looking to enhance their facial features.
Fillers are used for:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loss of facial volume
- Nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth)
- Marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Smile lines
- Hollow cheeks
- Thin or uneven lips
- Vertical lip lines
- Sunken tear troughs (under-eye hollows)
- Recessed scars
- Lip, cheek, and jawline enhancement
While dermal filler treatments can be effective for many individuals, there are certain contraindications that may make someone unsuitable for the procedure. These include active skin infections, a history of severe allergies or anaphylaxis, pregnancy or breastfeeding, a history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring, and certain medical conditions or medications that may increase the risk of complications.
Before & Afters
After dermal filler injections, the treatment area will immediately appear fuller and plumper, with fewer fine lines and wrinkles. The complete results will be visible after a few days, once any swelling has subsided.
What to Expect from Your Dermal Fillers Session
During your initial consultation, one of our skilled providers will discuss your concerns and goals, evaluate your facial anatomy, and determine if Juvederm is the right treatment for you. They will also review your medical history and any medications or supplements you are taking to ensure a safe treatment plan.
On the day of your treatment at Red Carpet Aesthetics, your provider will mark the areas to be treated and then inject Juvederm into the target area. They may lightly massage the area to ensure even distribution and reduce the chance of swelling. The entire procedure usually takes between 15 and 60 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
Recovery and Follow-ups
Recovery time is minimal, and most patients can resume their daily activities almost immediately after treatment. However, it is generally recommended to avoid strenuous activity, sun exposure, wearing makeup, and consuming alcohol for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Your provider may request a follow-up appointment within a few weeks to evaluate the results and address any concerns or adjustments needed.
Risks and Side Effects of Dermal Fillers
While dermal fillers like Juvederm are generally considered safe, there are some potential side effects and risks associated with the treatment. Common side effects include:
These side effects usually occur shortly after injection and resolve within a few days to weeks. In rare cases, more severe complications may occur, such as infection, leakage of filler through the injection site, nodules around the injection site, granulomas, movement of the filler from one area to another, or injury to blood vessels.
To reduce your risk of side effects caused by improper injection techniques, be sure to visit a reputable board-certified or licensed provider.
Cost of Dermal Fillers in NYC
The cost of dermal fillers can vary depending on factors such as the type of filler used, the amount needed, and the practitioner’s expertise. In New York, the average cost of hyaluronic acid fillers ranges from $684 per syringe. For more information on pricing and to discuss your specific needs, contact us.
At Red Carpet Aesthetics in New York, NY, we offer a variety of related treatments that help you fight signs of the aging process and achieve overall skin rejuvenation. They include:
- Botox: An injectable neurotoxin that works by temporarily paralyzing targeted facial muscles, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Botox is particularly effective for treating dynamic wrinkles, such as crow’s feet and forehead lines, caused by repetitive muscle movements.
- Glo2Facial: A gentle, non-invasive facial treatment that combines exfoliation, infusion, and oxygenation to rejuvenate the skin. The Glo2Facial treatment utilizes the Bohr Effect, which increases oxygen levels in the skin, promoting cell growth and improving skin tone and texture.
- RF Skin Tightening: A noninvasive treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production for firmer, smoother skin.
Each of these services offers unique benefits and can be tailored to address your specific skin concerns. Our team at Red Carpet Aesthetics will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your needs.
Book a Dermal Filler Consultation in New York City
Experience the benefits of dermal fillers at Red Carpet Aesthetics in midtown Manhattan. Our team of skilled professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve your aesthetic goals. Book your consultation today and take the first step towards a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
Does getting Juvederm hurt?
Juvederm treatments are generally well-tolerated by most clients. The injections contain a small amount of lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to minimize discomfort during the procedure. While some individuals might feel a slight pinch or pressure at the injection site, our skilled injectors take great care to make the experience as comfortable as possible, and any sensation typically subsides quickly.
How long do results last?
The longevity of dermal filler results varies depending on the type of filler used and the area treated. Some dermal fillers can last for 6 to 12 months, while others can last 2 to 5 years. Factors such as the patient’s skin type, the treated area, and the specific filler product used can influence the duration of the results.
Can dermal fillers be reversed or removed?
Yes, dermal fillers can be reversed or removed in certain cases. If the filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, a reversal agent called hyaluronidase can be injected into the skin to dissolve the filler. This enzyme breaks down hyaluronic acid, allowing the filler to be safely removed.
Can dermal fillers replace a face lift?
While dermal fillers can temporarily reduce the signs of age-related volume loss, they do not have the same dramatic and permanent effects of a plastic surgery procedure such as a face lift or neck lift. However, they’re an excellent option for individuals who do not want or cannot undergo invasive surgery.